Employees are your biggest asset. Help retain your talent with a competitive benefits package that works for you and your team.
Western Financial Group Insurance Solutions works in partnership with independent Canadian business groups, associations and buying groups. We offer superior methods to manage insurance programs with greater financial and administrative efficiencies. The result of these partnerships is a more efficient structure than the traditional broker-insurance company model. Learn more about our Group health Benefit Solutions.
Extended health coverage helps your employees pay for necessary medical expenses that may not be covered under their provincial health care plan. Extended health care benefits can be divided into several categories which include: Hospital coverage, drug coverage, paramedical supplies and equipment, paramedical services, out-of-province coverage, and other health care benefits.
Dental coverage can help cover the costs of dental work for your employees and their families. You can build your plan a variety of coverage levels, from basic maintenance to major restoration coverages.
DRUG & PROFESSIONAL SERVICES
This helps cover the costs of prescription drugs and professional services such as chiropractor, massage therapy and physiotherapy.
It provides employees with coverage for regular eye exams, eyeglasses or contact lenses, and laser eye surgery.
HEALTH CARE SPENDING ACCOUNTS
Health Care Spending Accounts provide your employees with coverage for health-related expenses not included in their plan, or to top up their group benefits. Employees receive a predetermined dollar amount each year to spend on eligible health items that are not covered by provincial healthcare. HSA’s can also be used to pay deductibles and coinsurance on other benefits in their group benefits plan. This allows for flexibility for employees to access the services they need the most.
What you need to know about business insurance
- We are uniquely positioned within the benefits industry and have been helping Canadian businesses for over four decades. Designed in-house by our experts as a comprehensive program
- Retirement plans - Providing employee benefits plans that help employees save for retirement is common. Employers can place payroll deductions into a tax-free savings account, provide group RRSPs, have deferred profit -sharing plans, and have pension plans.
- Life insurance - Group life insurance is a type of employee benefit plan that protects employees’ dependents from financial hardship in the event of their death. It can pay for education, a mortgage, debt, and other financial obligations. Life insurance coverage is provided during the term of employment and can sometimes provide coverage even for dependents who pass away.
- Disability insurance - Disability insurance protects employees if they become unable to work. Short-term disability insurance covers periods up to six months or a year, and long-term disability covers more extended absences. Both types replace a percentage of the employee’s income, generally around 60 per cent to 80 per cent, while they cannot work.
- POOLED PROGRAM ADVANTAGES - Unlike a traditional program through an insurance company, we place your program in an insurance pool. This creates a greater spread of risk for you and your staff. Our team looks at total claims and premiums of our entire block of business and renews you alongside 1,700 clients. That’s something you can’t achieve on your own as a small business with fewer employees.
- Similar to a large corporate plan, you receive the instant and distinct advantages of long-term rate stability and predictability. You’re renewed based on the health of over 30,000 people.
Advantages to working with a Western broker
- Pay-Direct Drug/Dental Card
- Dedicated Customer Service
- Online Administration
- COST SAVINGS
- LONG-TERM RATE STABILITY
- PROGRAM FLEXIBILITY
- When you choose Western Financial Group, you receive the benefits that come with one of Canada’s largest insurance brokerage networks. We go beyond the basics to offer an unmatched array of products that provide the right coverage for the best value.
- Fast. Convenient. Paperless.
- OUR ONLINE ADMINISTRATION SERVICE PROVIDES MEMBERS
- 24/7 ACCESS TO THEIR EMPLOYEE BENEFITS PLAN. MAKING IT EASIER TO:
- Online Administration
- Submit claims
- Sign up for direct deposit
- Download personalized claim forms
- Check coverage eligibility instantly
- Verify Health Care Spending account balances
Potential discounts are available
Next to salaries, employee benefits coverage is the most important tool in attracting and retaining staff for your business.
One size does not fit all. We offer flexible coverage options so you can customize your plan to suit your business and your employee needs and demographics.